Community support makes Kids Discover the Trail! possible. The Discovery Trail is continuing our work to expand the program to reach all elementary students in Tompkins County. During the 2016-17 school year students from Ithaca, Groton, Lansing, Newfield and Trumansburg school districts will participate in KDT!
As the Discovery Trail continues to expand the Kids Discover the Trail! to include all public elementary school students in Tompkins County, we appreciate our supporters in all communities now more than ever. The Discovery Trail is leading the fundraising efforts that will make this growth possible.
We will continue to engage donors who have contributed to KDT! through the Ithaca Public Education Initiative and Trumansburg Central School District Foundation in the past, as well as seek additional support from those who value experience based learning across Tompkins County schools.
Your charitable gift of any amount is welcomed and needed. Join these generous donors to help bring equal access to hands-on learning for more children!
- BorgWarner Morse Systems
- Community Foundation of Tompkins County: Lane Family, Tompkins Today and Tomorrow Fund, Ujeni Grants for Advancing Public Education, Helen Thomas Howland Foundation, Donor Advisor Fund
- Cornell University
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Ithaca College Student United Way
- Legacy Foundation of Tompkins County
- J. M. McDonald Foundation Inc.
- John Ben Snow Foundation
- Park Foundation
- Raymond & Margaret Van Houtte Education Fund of the Tompkins Charitable Gift Fund
- Security Mutual Insurance Co
- Social Service League of Ithaca and Tompkins County
- Tompkins Trust Company
- Triad Foundation
- United Way of Tompkins County's Youth and Philanthropy Council
Make a Gift:
Mail check (payable to Discovery Trail/KDT) to:
159 Sapsucker Woods Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids Discover the Trail! provides curriculum-based field trips to the eight Discovery Trail sites. Students receive a site-specific keepsake book to continue the learning experience at home and free family admission (where applicable) for a follow-up visit. Every elementary student in the Ithaca City School District, Trumansburg Central School District and several grades in Groton Central School District, Lansing Central School District and Newfield Central School District have the opportunity to participate. Kids Discover the Trail! is funded by gifts from local foundations, businesses, and community members, and is supported by ICSD, GCSD, NCSD, LCSD and TCSD.
- Enhance classroom learning through experience-based programs.
- Provide equal access to Discovery Trail sites.
- Promote understanding and respect among elementary students from different neighborhoods.
- Expand community awareness of the resources of the Discovery Trail.
Connecting Elementary Schools
and the Discovery Trail